Two-day Halloween workshop with Airbrush Artist Jeff Chamberlain on shoes and leather.
Class dates: October 19-20, 2019 at ChromaAir Studio (Oldsmar, Florida)
A two-day crash course on painting leather – teaches the proper techniques, best materials to use, the chemistry involved in making the art permanent, and how to reach customers.
Program: Day 1
|part 1 – preparation, chemistry, and materials
· How to prepare different leathers for paint.
· Learn the chemistry that allows paint to be permanent on leather.
· Learn about the best materials to use for the project
|part 2 – prep your shoes
· We will prepare the shoes or leather panels for art and layout our materials needed for the artwork.
|part 1 – how to plan your art and lay it out.
· Painting leather is different than any other surface. Learn the techniques for the proper layout to help avoid issues with overloading and contamination.
|part 2 – finish your art
· You will have completed about 50% of your artwork at this point, and you will continue until it is complete. We will be walking around answering any questions you may have.
· You will learn how to apply a protective topcoat over your art properly.
Required Materials: we will provide everything that you will need for this class; however, we recommend you have an airbrush that you feel comfortable using.
Airbrush skill level required: intermediate. You are welcome to attend with a basic airbrush skill level. If you would like to attend, but you’re not confident in your basic airbrush control skills, please schedule a beginner class at our studio!
Cost: The class cost $200 per seat for the two-day course, which covers the cost of materials excluding the shoes. Students will take home their art, brushes, paint, a full set of LK Top Coats, and a booklet that has all the chemicals and materials listed with explanations of their uses. Students will be able to choose between three designs to paint in the class. We can provide leather converse high tops for $55 per pair or $15 for a leather panel
Please note that payment for this event is non-refundable.
Live far from Tampa? We can help you with some hotel discount!
Harder & Steenbeck
Customers Also Viewed
GSI Creos Mr. Hobby
GSI Creos Mr. Hobby