Createx Colors Intercoat 4030
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
4030 Intercoat Clear - A non-catalyzed, polyurethane, water-based clear. For use with automotive & hard-surface applications. 4030 has 2 functions: 1) an intercoat and, 2) an additive mixed with any Createx Colors brand for improved spray performance and coating durability.
Mix Additive: Recommend for use with Auto Air Colors, , Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors hard-surface & automotive applications.
- Mix 10% per volume (9:1) or greater directly with paint. Mix well. For best performance, allow mix (including reducer if any) to acclimate for 10 minutes minimum prior to use.
- 4030 is not a reducer as paint viscosity is not truly lowered. Use 4012 and 4020 Reducers along with 4030.
- must be mixed with 4030 for color formation and coating integrity. Mix 10% or more.
- 48 hour pot-life after mixing with 4030 Intercoat. Keep colors capped airtight after use.
- When using a spray-gun and applying base color with an airbrush, 4030 improves flow upon contact with surface for a more level finish. Metallic orientation and dye dispersion in , is greatly improved as is the resistance to cratering when medium coats are applied. 4030 also promotes a more durable, scratch resistant finish after air drying.
Inter-coat: May be used as semi-gloss, protective clear used over base colors prior to graphics. 4030 dries to a flat, hard and level surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reduced chance of under-spray.
- 4030 dries to a much flatter surface compared with 4004 Transparent Base and is recommended as Intercoat clear to protect during taping.
- When 4030 is used as an intercoat over base colors, 4030 should not be applied a second time as additional application of 4030 can re-activate first application allowing candy’s dyes to bleed though subsequent colors. Instead, use 4004 Transparent Base as a non-reactive barrier between subsequent candy applications.
Amazing product, it has many applications and functions. Very good one
je debute dans l aerographie je vous remercie
My airbrushing is limited to fishing lure painting. I initially used 4030 as a intercoat only to solve some problems I was having. Stumbled on to a Createx video about the many uses for 4030. I did some testing and verified that adding 4030 to paint greatly improves adhesion. I now add 10-20% 4030 to all the Createx paints I use. This solves the problems I was having so I no longer have to use it for intercoating. I was also having problems with my final epoxy clear coat; uneven coating, fish eyes, etc. I tried a number of different sealer coatings before settling on 4030. Every lure I paint is sprayed with a seal coat of 4030. I wait 24hr then apply epoxy. Never have a problem with epoxy anymore. One word of caution. Polyurethane is a different animal than acrylics. Give EXTRA attention to cleaning airbrushes after spraying 4030. And, the smaller the needle, the greater the problems.
Made a big difference when mixed with 4012 reducer & paint. Much better paint flow from air brush & leveling properties.
smooths out while thinning, works way better than thinner alone, plus adds strength to the coating
Good product made a big difference painting styrene plastic on models
I use this as an additive will all createx paints that I use while painting my custom saltwater plugs. Its aids in durability, flow
makes live easier making the candy paint more durable against taping over it
Easy to user great stuff