Createx Colors Intercoat 4030
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
4030 Intercoat Clear - A non-catalyzed, polyurethane, water-based clear. For use with automotive & hard-surface applications. 4030 has 2 functions: 1) an intercoat and, 2) an additive mixed with any Createx Colors brand for improved spray performance and coating durability.
Mix Additive: Recommend for use with Auto Air Colors, , Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors hard-surface & automotive applications.
- Mix 10% per volume (9:1) or greater directly with paint. Mix well. For best performance, allow mix (including reducer if any) to acclimate for 10 minutes minimum prior to use.
- 4030 is not a reducer as paint viscosity is not truly lowered. Use 4012 and 4020 Reducers along with 4030.
- must be mixed with 4030 for color formation and coating integrity. Mix 10% or more.
- 48 hour pot-life after mixing with 4030 Intercoat. Keep colors capped airtight after use.
- When using a spray-gun and applying base color with an airbrush, 4030 improves flow upon contact with surface for a more level finish. Metallic orientation and dye dispersion in , is greatly improved as is the resistance to cratering when medium coats are applied. 4030 also promotes a more durable, scratch resistant finish after air drying.
Inter-coat: May be used as semi-gloss, protective clear used over base colors prior to graphics. 4030 dries to a flat, hard and level surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reduced chance of under-spray.
- 4030 dries to a much flatter surface compared with 4004 Transparent Base and is recommended as Intercoat clear to protect during taping.
- When 4030 is used as an intercoat over base colors, 4030 should not be applied a second time as additional application of 4030 can re-activate first application allowing candy’s dyes to bleed though subsequent colors. Instead, use 4004 Transparent Base as a non-reactive barrier between subsequent candy applications.
Easy to user great stuff
Works great for better flow and paint is a lot tougher.
This additive gives createx paint better adhesion and a harder finish.
Perfect product and arrived fast with international shipping
I got this to keep using with my candy 2.0 at a much better price than the last place I bought it. Works great with the candy.
This product dose a fantastic job at making the paint set harder. I noticed that when used together with 4012 the paint cleans out of my airbrush much easier. It protected my acrylic paint from an enamel clear coat. No wrinkles or flakes.
I mixed this with my paint, at about 10%, it really helps the paint flow really well, I’m going to add it to all my paint from now on.
This stuff goes in all of my airbrush paint mixes
Good to add extra transparency for layering and glazes on more opaque colors.