Createx Colors Intercoat 4030
4030 Intercoat Clear - A non-catalyzed, polyurethane, water-based clear. For use with automotive & hard-surface applications. 4030 has 2 functions: 1) an intercoat and, 2) an additive mixed with any Createx Colors brand for improved spray performance and coating durability.
Mix Additive: Recommend for use with Auto Air Colors, , Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors hard-surface & automotive applications.
- Mix 10% per volume (9:1) or greater directly with paint. Mix well. For best performance, allow mix (including reducer if any) to acclimate for 10 minutes minimum prior to use.
- 4030 is not a reducer as paint viscosity is not truly lowered. Use 4012 and 4020 Reducers along with 4030.
- must be mixed with 4030 for color formation and coating integrity. Mix 10% or more.
- 48 hour pot-life after mixing with 4030 Intercoat. Keep colors capped airtight after use.
- When using a spray-gun and applying base color with an airbrush, 4030 improves flow upon contact with surface for a more level finish. Metallic orientation and dye dispersion in , is greatly improved as is the resistance to cratering when medium coats are applied. 4030 also promotes a more durable, scratch resistant finish after air drying.
Inter-coat: May be used as semi-gloss, protective clear used over base colors prior to graphics. 4030 dries to a flat, hard and level surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reduced chance of under-spray.
- 4030 dries to a much flatter surface compared with 4004 Transparent Base and is recommended as Intercoat clear to protect during taping.
- When 4030 is used as an intercoat over base colors, 4030 should not be applied a second time as additional application of 4030 can re-activate first application allowing candy’s dyes to bleed though subsequent colors. Instead, use 4004 Transparent Base as a non-reactive barrier between subsequent candy applications.
I got a bottle of this as it was recommended by Createx to be used with Wicked paint to promote good flow. I did some testing with the same paint, with and with out adding the balancing clear. For me, I was able to notice a difference. There was a benefit to mixing in the clear to the paint.
I airbrush a lot of fish replicas. I use this product with all my paints for better adhesion. Great product. I believe it would be a must for people who do models.
I paint fish replica’s and recently switched to createx line. Great product!!
Excellent intercoat. Spray gunner is my go to for any createx paints. Great prices and fantastic customer service.
This is very helpful for helping with leveling water based clear coats. Could be used as a clear as well but it does not have any UV inhibitors. Good for covering and protecting base coats that need to be worked on and taped off. It can be used with any water based paint and is therefore very universal. Needs to be thinned when using in an airbrush.
Works great as a carrier for candy or over colors for masking. My only complaint is its shelf life seems quite short and starts to quagulate making it useless after a few months.
This is a must-have if you're using the Candy2o dye colors. I know that Createx officially recommends the UVLS clear, but this is my go-to for mixing with any candy color. Works flawlessly.
This is a great intercoat clear. Especially useful for candy paint. It has great flow out and levelling properties. Makes custom painting a breeze. Createx is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
I use the Createx 4030 with the Candy2o colors. I find that it works great as an intercoat clear. I find when I use it I don't have any problems with adhesion or tip dry. I definitely recommend it.