AutoBorne Sealer Transparent Base 6000 16oz
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
Auto-Air Colors 6000 AutoBorne Sealer Transparent Base 16oz
AutoBorne Sealers are the recommended foundation for any Createx Colors automotive or hard-surface paintjob. Color-key with color-coat for improved overall coverage and drying times.
- Incredible adhesion to any substrate to any surface including plastics. No adhesion promoter is ever required.
- Covers excellent in 2 medium coats.
- Dries fast to a level, hard finish over which colors flow for a smooth finish.
- Waterproof after curing, perfect for exterior applications.
- Shaves well when dry sanded with 1000-grit sandpaper.
- Does not have to be scuffed prior to applying Createx Colors paints.
- Reduce 10% per volume with 4011 High Performance Reducer
- Apply with a 1.3 – 1.4 tip-size gun operated ~ 20 – 23 psi.
- Allow Sealer to dry matte before re-coating.
- If used as finish color, clean Sealer thoroughly with degreaser prior to clear or apply 4004 Transparent Base as protective coat to prevent reaction between catalyzed clear and Sealer.
As with all of Createx products, it's top notch. I was attempting to spray this as a base layer over raw steel. My final design had parts of raw metal showing through and I wanted the transparent sealer down to protect the metal. The directions say to treat the metal with phosphoric acid first or use an etching primer. The phosphoric acid turns the metal from a polished shine to a matte finish. I buffed it back to a shine and attempted to spray the sealer directly to the metal. Immediately after spraying, parts of the metal turned a bit yellow on the first coat. The second coat, the yellow became darker. I let it dry and examined it closer. I'm pretty sure the yellow was corrosion, just as the directions stated. However, areas that didn't corrode had a nice clear finish. That said, the product performs as it's supposed to. Just follow the directions and it will be fine.